My first impressions from last night's Phillies opener, as emailed to a friend:

I think Cole really missed Chooch last night. I like Kratz, but the 2 of them didn’t seem to be jiving real well and Hamels’ pitch selections were weird and he seemed rushed. Hopefully first game jitters, but hard to understand from a former World Series MVP.

I like Revere but I don’t see him hitting one out this year without a lot of wind behind him. We have a pool on him in our fantasy league. I have 8/4/13, but that includes inside-the-parkers.

I didn’t mind Cholly starting Mayberry last night. Nix looks totally lost. I wonder if he’ll keep Revere at the top of the lineup against lefties. I kind of hope not. But I do like their lineup in general. I think they’ll score a lot of runs.

Everyone’s concerned about Halladay. I think you can book something in the 12-12 4.20 ERA range. I think Kendrick may be even more of a key and a variable this year oddly. Is he the guy who led the majors in ERA the last 5-6 weeks of 2012 or the guy who got hammered in his last exhibition game?

M Young stunk at 3B last night on 3 different plays, I think. He better get better.

I love Freddie Galvis and I think he could play 15+ years in the bigs. I even think he has an offensive future too. Of course, so do I, and that future is 0/0/.000.

I’m not going to waste any time getting to hate the Uptons. Done.

Oh, I forgot to mention in the email, all the Uptons except one:


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

On the other hand, if you want an opinion on beer or chocolate, I'm your guy!

Plus ca change, plus ca meme chose? Just not much sign of the change part

My frustrations and apologies