White you say?!

And speaking of things I'm embarrassed to say, which seems to be a running theme on this blog, so maybe it has become a sort of confessional. I can't say it out loud, so I say it here and since no one's reading/listening, it doesn't count. Anyway...

As the years have gone by, I have grown from absolutely abhorring the Mummers to absolutely being transfixed by them. And as embarrassing as that statement may be, it's not even the one I was referring to in the first (run-on) sentence above. It's this:

The Mummers are an annual reminder that white people actually do still live in Philadelphia.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

On the other hand, if you want an opinion on beer or chocolate, I'm your guy!

Of course, the Republican Congress didn't get anything done last year anyway, so maybe it's for the best