The Big Week approacheth

I've been asked by the Daily Local to give an update or two each day while Cheryl and I are in Charlotte, NC next week for the Democratic National Convention, and I said I'd do what I can. It won't be easy. They have us running around quite a bit, but Cheryl has it tougher I do, since she's a delegate. She has lots of caucus meetings and state delegation breakfasts and such. Oh yeah, and the occasional party. :-) She said she'd try to get me into the parties too. So I got that going for me.

In my case, I have signed up for three shifts. I'm in the arena from 3pm to midnight on Tuesday and Wednesday and then have a 3-7 shift at the convention center on the Big Night of Obama's acceptance speech on Thursday and that's a bad thing, since his speech is in the stadium, not the convention center. I'm a little worried I won't be there for his speech, and that's even assuming I'll get the precious credentials to get in for his speech.

Anyway, before I leave for Charlotte, under the assumption that more people might come to this site over the next week or so, I'm going to post some of the impressions I've had of the republican convention that I've posted previously to other places like facebook.

And I can also be followed during the week on twitter as @jamiepmcv.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

On the other hand, if you want an opinion on beer or chocolate, I'm your guy!

So wrong...but so right