For review on December 31, 2013...and hopefully daily between now and then

Hear me now, believe me later. I already have two New Years Resolutions:

1 - Write in this blog more often...I'll say 2-4 times a week is an innocent, though easily reachable goal.

2 - The more important one: To be more patient with people when they annoy me for reasons they have little to do with.

As I get older, I find myself more and more in the category that can be described as one who doesn't suffer fools gladly. In some respects, I admire folks like that - people who aren't willing to put up with idiots, or who are lazy or just aren't thinking clearly. The reason I admire those who don't encourage such people in their lives, is that I think there is good justification for it.

But that said, I don't think that represents the highest Me. I want to be better than that, especially when many of the people I am subjecting to this lack of patience are those who I most love and admire, though those two words don't both describe each person I'm specifically thinking of.

Besides, it's best I suffer fools more gladly, lest others suffer me less so for being the bigger fool by example.

And I wouldn't blame 'em a bit.

If I remember correctly, and I'll be looking it up in the next few days, one of my resolutions from last year was to try to leave work earlier, so now I am going to post this without further delay!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

On the other hand, if you want an opinion on beer or chocolate, I'm your guy!

Plus ca change, plus ca meme chose? Just not much sign of the change part

Of course, the Republican Congress didn't get anything done last year anyway, so maybe it's for the best