Cleaning out the garage I came across of a few of my old journals, one of which is circa-1978, the year I graduated from college and another from the early-to-mid 90's which mostly consisted of random lists and thoughts, sort of a blog before there were blogs.

Here are a few of the entries:

"If someone says something that's really deep, but it's over my head, how low must I be?
 - Me to Fred Chapin 2-28-1993

Love not Hate
Sailboats not Motorboats
Sneakers not Shoes
Baseball not Football
Watercolors not Oils
Democrat not Republican
Listening not Talking
Icing not Cake

"It's raining now. I love the sound of rain. It is its own song."
 - my "friend" Charlotte in a January 1993 letter to me from New Mexico

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

On the other hand, if you want an opinion on beer or chocolate, I'm your guy!

Plus ca change, plus ca meme chose? Just not much sign of the change part

My frustrations and apologies