Blogged down in deep thought

In some ways, it's disappointing that more people aren't hanging on my every blog post, eager to check in every day...or week, to see what I have or haven't found worthy of a post, but even more so, it's a little daunting that a handful of you get these as daily emails. I imagine they are somewhat like the daily, or worse, Facebook status updates you get from some people you consistently wonder why you agreed to be their friend, since their updates and Farmville requests consistently annoy you...but about very 37th post, they say or write something that makes you think, "Oh, right, OK, that was vaguely cute. I'll keep you on a little bit longer."

The other thing I was thinking in terms of this blog, is that I really should post something besides my things like my ruminations on the many uses, or lack thereof, of the word "disabuse", and instead tell stories from my past, like the baseball "discussion" I had with Richard Nixon or even the many Presidents I've seen in person from further than a handshake away, or the time I snuck into the Fenway Park locker room and was dimed out by Bob Uecker, or my 4871 mile bike trip, or when I gave the now wife of the head of the Federal Reserve a ride in my beat up VW bug from West Philly to City Hall, or played racquetball with a Pulitzer Prize winner or watched a full period of hockey sitting alone with Gordie Howe or are they just the kinds of stories people tell that you listen to, the whole time wondering why the person could possibly think you had the least interest in hearing it?

So, yeah, sometimes I think about those things too, not just the word disabuse.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

On the other hand, if you want an opinion on beer or chocolate, I'm your guy!

Of course, the Republican Congress didn't get anything done last year anyway, so maybe it's for the best

Plus ca change, plus ca meme chose? Just not much sign of the change part