But whatever you do, make sure not to stand pat.

And of equal importance to the post below, which probably reflects how much time I have to think about things besides the things I probably should be thinking about...

If something upsets you so much, that you say "I am NOT going to take this lying down", are you more or less upset if you "just won't stand for it!"?

And if there is a continuum, so that if you're not quite as upset as the most upset you can be, but not as upset as the other example above, I believe you must, for the sake of clarity, be required to exclaim that you will neither take it lying down nor will you stand for it, but perhaps it would be okay if you sat for it, dammit!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

On the other hand, if you want an opinion on beer or chocolate, I'm your guy!

So wrong...but so right