I just wish I'd figured this out back in high school

I know this is tweet-worthy, which by my definition means it is an incredibly narcissistic post of virtually no interest to anyone, but I'm putting it here anyway, dagnabit!

I've never been a big believer in the theory that if you drink a lot of coffee and then go without it for a day, you get a headache. In fact, I've never even been sure I've believed that it does much to wake me up. I just like the taste.

Well, I've been grumpy and sleepy here at work all morning, and I just now went down and had a large cup of coffee from the pot that Saint Karen here at work makes me every day and I've noticed how much more awake I feel and in a much better mood, and dang if my headache didn't just go away.

Oh, did I forget to mention that there was no coffee at home this morning, so I drank Cheryl's decaf on the way into work?

Comments

  1. Dad Rellahan used to wake up in the middle of the night, go to the kitchen, and fix himself a cup of hot black caffinated coffee, so he could presumably go back to sleep without a headache.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was once told that putting milk or cream in your coffee somehow "binds" the caffeine and inactivates it. Not so as I've noticed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting, U-V. Lately, I've switched to using Almond Milk in my coffee, so I wonder if that matters.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

So wrong...but so right