Though I probably shouldn't tell them when it's time to go to bed



One theory on parenting that I hear over and over is that one shouldn’t try to be a friend to our kids, because, for instance, if your kids are doing something really annoying or repugnant, they need to be told firmly and directly that it is unacceptable behavior.

Actually, my preference would be that I could talk to my friends the way I talk to my kids:

“Yo, don’t chew with your mouth open!”

“Dude – Don’t be so rude! Can you say that again nicely?”

Or even:

“Can I have a hug?”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

On the other hand, if you want an opinion on beer or chocolate, I'm your guy!

Plus ca change, plus ca meme chose? Just not much sign of the change part

Of course, the Republican Congress didn't get anything done last year anyway, so maybe it's for the best