Oh, the pain! (Or...An Ode to Pain)


Another thought on my hurried post of 8/22/14 below about Validation and the need not just to control our destinies but the importance of overcoming adversity.

My point, or more directly, my emphasis there is not meant to ignore adversity completely. In fact, I think it’s crucial that we embrace Pain. Honor it. Work through it. Wrestle with it. Wring its neck, but not until you’ve squeezed every drop of agony and emotion and, well, pain, that you can before saying OK, done – get outta here. I am not going to let you or the event that caused me this pain, define me. I am better than you and I am stronger than you. I am going to honor what I’ve lost by making myself a better, stronger person because of you’ve put my through.

Hmmm…I didn’t really intend this to be a personal letter to Pain, and I hope it doesn’t mind me taking our personal correspondence public.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

On the other hand, if you want an opinion on beer or chocolate, I'm your guy!

Of course, the Republican Congress didn't get anything done last year anyway, so maybe it's for the best