That's OK though really, I have all the sperm I needed anyway, thanks.

I feel so...so...oppressed or something! From The Telegraph in London:

Redheads Turned Down By Sperm Bank

"The largest sperm bank in the world is saying no thanks to potential redheaded sperm donors.Cryos International sperm bank has started to turn down redheaded applicants because of a lack of demand, The Telegraph reports.

 The Atlantic wonders if the lack of demand could be because of the teasing redheaded children sometimes have to put up with. HuffPost reporter Katherine Bindley blogs that being a redhead is a love-hate relationship, and points out how negative feelings towards redheads is a prejudice "that dates back, globally, at least to ancient Egypt and personally, to approximately the time I started forming memories." The Atlantic also notes that the New York Times published an article about redheads being more sensitive to physical pain."

Ah, but the emotional pain is what really hits me, I feel like I'm so..so...but wait. More details emerge:

"Ole Schou, Cryos's director, said that there had been a surge (A Surge?! Oh...ah!) in donations in recent years, allowing the facility to become much more picky about its donors.

"There are too many redheads in relation to demand," he told told Danish newspaper Ekstrabladet."

Now I just feel like a commodity, like so many grapes...or strawberries, as it were.

"Mr Schou said the only reliable demand for sperm from redheaded donors from Ireland, where he said it sold “like hot cakes”."

Oh, the Irish - we're such a reliable people. OK so then, I'm not selling like strawberries, but freaking pancakes. Potato pancakes, maybe?

"Cryos’s stores have now reached their peak capacity of 70 litres of semen."

OK, eiuw. Now I'm just sorry I brought the whole thing up, and truth be told there is only a small percentage of folks who even know I ever was a redhead, well, except those who've seen me in the altogether, which is an even smaller number than the people who ever remember when I had red head hair up on top anyway.

But let's just keep away from comparing sizes of anything, thanks.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

On the other hand, if you want an opinion on beer or chocolate, I'm your guy!

Of course, the Republican Congress didn't get anything done last year anyway, so maybe it's for the best

Plus ca change, plus ca meme chose? Just not much sign of the change part