And maybe that's the most bizarre sexual preference of all!

I have written anything about sex on here for awhile, but haven't had any complaints. I guess that either means no one is reading, or readers would just as soon not hear any more of my opinions on the topic.

Assuming it's the former, and ignoring the latter, even if it is true, here is my random sex thought for the week, cuz you know, I only think about sex once every week or two.

One of my favorite quotations is from William Somerset Maugham, who said "There is hardly anyone whose sexual life, if it were broadcast, would not fill the world at large with surprise and horror."


That is something that has stayed with me for a long while, and has made me wonder why we are, as a society, so prudish/intolerant, hmm...there's a better word, ah yes - repressed! - of or about people who like weird stuff sexually and makes me wonder if it's possible that everyone...EVERY single person...has something, some sexual turn-on that runs outside the norm, or at least the norm as it's been defined in our current way of thinking: Puritan stuff, missionary position and nothing more type stuff.
 
It could be some little thing that is a turn-on, or it could be something really bizarre. I still remember reading about stuff in my Abnormal Psych class that I don't even want to repeat here, that is not worse than pedophelia, since after all, nothing is in my book, but seems far more out there.
 
All that said, I remember seeing a link on some website I went to one time about people who consider themselves a-sexual. I looked into it a little and found that there are people who really do think of themselves that way. In some ways, I envy them - I'm sure they are a far more productive member of society than the rest of us! But for the most part, I pity them. Can you imagine - yuk!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

On the other hand, if you want an opinion on beer or chocolate, I'm your guy!

Plus ca change, plus ca meme chose? Just not much sign of the change part

Of course, the Republican Congress didn't get anything done last year anyway, so maybe it's for the best