Bet ya just can't weight to hear more about it! (Thanks for listening anyway)


Kind of a boring, totally self-serving post here, but I am going to resort to self-body-shaming as added incentive to lose weight.

After 2-3 months of vacation and lots of really, I mean REALLY good eating, I topped out at 208 lbs as of August 7th, I think it was, when I weighed myself for the first time in months. I don't have to look at the dumb government definitions of Obese to know that I'm there.

(OK, I peeked, and well, yup: http://www.cdc.gov/obesity/adult/defining.html)

So as of that day, I started cutting back on snacks between meals or desserts of any kind and have, with the exception of this past weekend, done a really good job of it.

(except when my loving and thoughtful, and normally far-more-supportive wife brings me a home treat like this from the Reading Terminal Market.)

As of Monday morning, August 17th, after the aforementioned bad (read: yummy) weekend, I was at 204, so I'm at least headed in the right direction, with a looooong way to go.

My semi-realistic goal is 193...but once I get there, and plateau for awhile, I'll try to start up again to get into the 180s.

Two years ago, I did my best diet...excuse me, I mean lifestyle change...wait, that sounds like I'm switching gender or sexual preference, so uh, eating-style adjustment (?!) and with HUGE help from Cheryl in the form of an amazing unconventional reward program that probably isn't appropriate to describe to this blog audience, I did get down to 187, I think it was.

And goodness gracious, did I ever have fun putting that weight back on! 

So, I’ll weigh in once a week on our scale and then weigh in here with how it’s going until I get to at least 193.

Anyone wanna race me?!


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

On the other hand, if you want an opinion on beer or chocolate, I'm your guy!

Of course, the Republican Congress didn't get anything done last year anyway, so maybe it's for the best