So wrong...but so right

There are just too many applicable punchlines to this actually very important NY Times story about how flowers are learning to self-pollinate (I know!), but I'll provide one direct quote from it here and let you take it in any direction you feel (in-?)appropriate:

"(Pansies) can also use their own pollen to fertilize their own seeds, a process called selfing. Selfing is more convenient than sex." Actual verbatim quote from the story.

But the best part, again, besides the important bigger ramifications, were the comments from NY Times readers, 90% of which were very serious, scientific observations. But because well, I'm me, this was my favorite comment:

"I am a 55 year old married man. I have undergone similar evolution."

And I'll add that it gives new meaning to the expression "Go F__ yourself!"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

On the other hand, if you want an opinion on beer or chocolate, I'm your guy!

Plus ca change, plus ca meme chose? Just not much sign of the change part

Of course, the Republican Congress didn't get anything done last year anyway, so maybe it's for the best