I got this from the Dailykos, but they took it from a link to Conservative Bruce Bartlett's website:
Republicans primarily concerned about national security ought to be in the forefront of efforts to raise revenues to reduce deficits, free up domestic saving for domestic investment, and reduce the importation of foreign saving and the trade deficit. But so far they are not. They remain loyal to the Republican obsession with tax cuts and a refusal to raise taxes in any way for any reason. However, I think my national security-minded friends are soon going to discover that massive defense budget cuts will necessarily be a big part of the price that will be paid for not raising revenues.
Right now, the US spends as much on national defense as every other nation in the world combined.
Search This Blog
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
A few recent quotes I read and loved: “The problem with nostalgia isn’t just that it makes the past out to be better than it was; it’s also ...
-
You know you’re too obsessed with politics when you get this email, look at the subject line, and assume there is a Donald Trump joke wai...
-
Follow-ups to the previous predictions: 1 - Not only will the Phillies win the division, tho I now think it might be by only 2-3 games, I a...
-
Topics that get my fellow progressives all fired up that you’ll virtually never hear me give an opinion on: - Keystone XL ...
No comments:
Post a Comment