Guys - Don't look at this picture without following the instructions below -->


One of the most important qualities we look for in a spouse is honesty, but then why do we get upset when our partner looks at someone of the opposite gender with some level of physical...OK, sexual, interest?

And I should first point out that one of the MANY things I admire about my wife is that not only does it not bother her when I look at an attractive woman, AND she doesn't mind if I make a comment about it, in most cases she'll even agree with me...or not, as the case may be. And similarly, it never bothers me when she comments on Pat Burrell or Chase Utley's ASSets.

I think the ability to accept this scenario, particularly when a guy comments on an attractive woman, comes when both people involved understand basic qualities, actually inequalities may be the better word, of the two genders. And of course, I'm about to make broad generalizations here.

Men, I believe, have an innate need, or at least desire, to propagate the species. As has been pointed out, we think about sex way out of proportion to women, tho not necessarily my awesome wife (also known here as My Devoted Reader), and when we see a hot young babe walk by in 5 inch heels, a miniskirt and a tight blouse, well, heck, I get turned on just writing the words here. And to gaze, look, stare...and yeah, leer at that PYT, is just what we do.

And if your guy doesn't do that when you're with him, he is either being dishonest with you or more likely is damn boring in bed. And part of what I think it helps a woman to understand is that in our...my looking at that girl, it doesn't mean we want to have sex with her. There is no intent to go try to pick her up or find her later. OK, OK, in a perfect world, we maybe could have sex with her and then come home for dinner (or dessert?!), but at least now speaking for myself here, but I really think for 98% of men, we get it, it just doesn't work that way, and we are beyond content to just stare and enjoy the passing moment in the same way we eat a donut, love it and then move on to cutting the grass.

But from the other point of view, if a guy does that without understanding their partner's view of this is unwise as well. If the guy hasn't made it clear, in word and deed, that his wife is the most perfect, delicious, awesomely beautiful woman any guy has ever laid eyes on, which sadly for any of the rest of you guys is only true for me and by definition can't be for you, then he has lost any right to stare/leer/glance or just turn his head in the general geographical longitude of said pretty young woman.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

So wrong...but so right