I love you, Woman!

Remember how it used to be so verboten for a man, heterosexual or otherwise, to tell another man that he loved him? It's still a little unusual, but not unheard of. I can thnk of a couple guys I've said it to - Mike Rellahan, Jim Burger and Martin Bradfield immediately come to mind. There are many others I could as well - Dave Nich, Jim Daly. I don't know if I ever said it to Dennis before I died but I hope and think so. I know he knew it anyway.

It struck me yesterday, when I was wishing my friend since kindergarten, Lisa (Butz) Hart, a happy birthday, that it would probably not be okay to tell her I love her. I know that she would know what I meant and would correctly read absolutely nothng into it, but if I put that on FB, I had no doubt that someone would see it and wonder about it.

So in thinking about it more today, I sent it to her in a private message, saying: "Hey, I was going to say this in my happy birthday note, but it seemed too public, so (i'll) say it (here) without anyone trying to read something into it that isn't there. A birthday seems the easiest time to say it: I love you, Lisa! I'm so glad you're an enduring part of my life, if too occasional and not enough frequent. I'm so lucky to have people like you and Jeannie and Livvy whom I feel so close to, kind of a semi-, maybe completely unconditional love thing, that everyone should have plenty of in their lives. So thanks for that. :-) "

It's just a shame I hesitate before saying that to anyone at anytime I feel it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

On the other hand, if you want an opinion on beer or chocolate, I'm your guy!

Of course, the Republican Congress didn't get anything done last year anyway, so maybe it's for the best

Plus ca change, plus ca meme chose? Just not much sign of the change part