Millions of people will look at this blog everyday!

Well, it's official - the editor of the Local, Andy Hachadorian, emailed me yesterday to show me I'm officially on the Daily Local Website now. I thought I would be on the blogtown site, but it's on something innocuous called the Media Lab: http://dailylocal.com/medialab/ . I feel like some sort of labratory experiment or something.

Anyway, being here, and knowing at least 6 people will view it, and I don't mean everyday, I mean ever, since I'm about to email them to tell them it's here, well, I feel like Steve Martin in The Jerk, when the new phone book arrives:

Navin R. Johnson: The new phone book's here! The new phone book's here!
Harry Hartounian: Boy, I wish I could get that excited about nothing.
Navin R. Johnson: Nothing? Are you kidding? Page 73 - Johnson, Navin R.! I'm somebody now! Millions of people look at this book everyday! This is the kind of spontaneous publicity - your name in print - that makes people. I'm in print! Things are going to start happening to me now.
[the Sniper points to Navin's name in the phone book]
Sniper: Johnson, Navin R... sounds like a typical bastard

Anyway, I'd like to thank my sisters, my cousin, and my wife in advance for visiting the site and for making me feel like I'm not a typical bastard! I'm SOMEBODY! Just like, well, Navin Johnson.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

On the other hand, if you want an opinion on beer or chocolate, I'm your guy!

Plus ca change, plus ca meme chose? Just not much sign of the change part

Of course, the Republican Congress didn't get anything done last year anyway, so maybe it's for the best