It's apparently Disease Day in Jamie's large head

I think I may have written once before in here about how so many of my friends, in fact, I think it is unanimous in people I know over the age of about 30, have absolutely no interest in ever being famous. I on the other (arthritic - see previous post) hand, am intrigued by the idea, primarily, or at least I like to say it's my primary motivation, because I'd like to see how well I would handle it. And I don't mean famous, like people know my name, I mean like, Paparazzi hounding me, hiding in the woods, trying to shoot into our back windows famous. At least for 6 months or so. A great test of character.

It struck me recently, sitting in Meeting I think, that I might feel the same way about disease of a life-threatening variety, wondering how I would handle it. In fact, as I write those words, I remember that when I was a kid, I used to imagine what it would be like to be paralyzed from the waist down, only able to use my arms.

Of course, when I was a little kid, I didn't think so much in terms of other things I'd want to retain the use of.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So wrong...but so right