Kind of like trying to explain my point here. Can you forgive me?

My general rule that I try to follow with judgment, besides trying to avoid it, is when I am aware of a decision someone has made that seems really stupid to me, I try to remember that I don't know all the facts, feelings, history or anything else that went into their decision. I try to think only of what I would like to think I would have done, based on what I actually do know about the situation, but accepting that I don't know everything.

It struck me in Meeting last week, that I should take the same approach to forgiveness. I can forgive someone more easily if I assume I don't know why they did to me what they did to upset me. And funny how often it seems worse once they try to explain it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

On the other hand, if you want an opinion on beer or chocolate, I'm your guy!

Plus ca change, plus ca meme chose? Just not much sign of the change part

Of course, the Republican Congress didn't get anything done last year anyway, so maybe it's for the best